Friday, August 9, 2019

I'M BACK.....

Went to book club last week....for August we are reading The Ocean at The End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman....just started this one...so far I like it....

I'm also reading How to Bake a Murder by K. J. Emrick on my Kindle Fire.  Really good mystery...it's cozy murder mystery.  I like it so far.
I was looking for a good book to read...I was in a book slump....couldn't seem to get in mood to read...so asked the girls at book club for a suggestion....they recommended Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. 





I couldn't put this book down once I started reading it.  The book follows the life of Kya...a girl raised in the marshes of North Carolina.  First her mother left...then one by one her sisters and brothers left.  Her father stayed for a while, but he left too.  Kya was 10 years old then and on her own.  The story follows her through to adulthood.  Really AWESOME book!  If you get a chance to read this book...take it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment